WK Dickson, a recognized aviation planning and design leader, offers a comprehensive range of services for all types of airports – from air carriers to general aviation. Our creative solutions to aviation-related projects, combined with our knowledge and understanding of the local airport community, enable us to produce efficient and functional designs that can meet any growing airport’s needs.
Our approach to any airport project is multi-disciplinary, and it involves the pooling of various engineering disciplines, agencies, contractors, executives and the end users.
Our airport technical staff has been involved in over 2,000 airport projects at 100+ airports throughout the southeast, ranging from master plans to the overall design of general aviation, reliever, and air carrier airports. We have helped airports capitalize on their economic potential through our planning and funding efforts for new facilities. We have also helped airports make the best use of their dollars for much-needed rehabilitation projects.
The number of individual airport improvement projects completed.
The number of commercial and general aviation airports served by our team throughout the southeast.
Total combined years of experience of our 35 dedicated aviation staff.
Aviation Expertise Include:
• Airfield Layout of Runways, Taxiways, & Aprons
• Airfield Pavement Design (New & Rehabilitation)
• Airfield Grading and Drainage
• Pavement Management Programs
• Airport Layout Plan Updates
• Land Acquisition Assistance
• Airport Funding & Grant Assistance
• Land Use Plans / Airport Industrial Parks
• Master Plans & Airspace Analysis
• Utility Infrastructure Planning and Design
• Obstruction Removal
• Earthwork Analysis
• Utility Coordination
• Environmental Impact Assessments / Statements
• Terminal Buildings, Hangars, and Cargo Facilities
• Access Roadways, Public, and Non-Public Parking
• Aviation Fuel Farms
• Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
• State and Federal Grant Administration
• Runway Safety Areas
• Stormwater Management and Erosion Control
• Construction Phasing
• Construction Safety Phasing Plan (CSPP)
• Construction Administration and Resident Project Representation (RPR)