Location: Greenville, SC
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Full-time
Our wetland scientists serve as technical resources for the organization, providing field assessment and related consultations, technical documentation, and project support within areas of expertise. For the current position, the emphasis will be on field investigations, such as wetland delineations (required), threatened and endangered species surveys, aquatic resource assessments, and stream assessments, as a primary job function. The successful candidate will also lead permitting efforts, perform environmental studies and natural resource assessments, and prepare technical reports.
- Proven ability to independently field delineate jurisdictional WOTUS, including wetlands, in multiple physiographic regions of the southeast.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory permitting and compliance for CWA Section 404/401, NEPA and related state programs.
- Strong computer skills including ArcMap; AutoCAD a plus but not required.
- Ability to travel (primarily day trips) and conduct fieldwork in uncomfortable weather conditions and in remote areas.
- Strong technical writing skills,
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, watershed science, hydrology, natural resource management, or related field
- Minimum 2-7 years total experience
- Analytical skills with the ability to prepare reports to meet regulatory requirements
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to internal team members, permitting agencies, and clients in a professional manner
- Free medical and dental coverage with qualifying wellness credits
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Matching 401K program
- Flexible remote work program
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off /Paid Holidays
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Performance-based incentives/bonuses
- Relocation assistance
Ready to advance your career with WK Dickson?
This position is not currently available. Visit our Careers page to see available positions.
About WK Dickson
WK Dickson is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in total community infrastructure solutions, including airport planning and design, environmental and water resources engineering, community planning and site development, energy support services, and geospatial technology. Our goal is to help communities improve the lives of their citizens through sound, ecologically responsible design principles. The firm has been headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina since its founding in 1929 and has steadily grown to operate eleven regional offices strategically located throughout the Southeastern United States.
If you need accommodation as part of the employment process please contact us at 704-334-5348.
WK Dickson is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. WK Dickson also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Our E-Verify number is 110665 and was issued on April 1, 2008.