Location: Charlotte, NC, Columbia, SC, Greenville, SC, or Raleigh, NC
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Full-time
WK Dickson has been named a ‘Top Firm to Work For’ for the seventh year in a row, and we are seeking our next great team member to join our growing Energy Practice as a Project Manager!
In this role, the project manager will lead planning and design teams in project delivery for linear natural gas pipeline projects (distribution and small transmission), HDD designs, natural gas service line rehabilitation and replacement projects, as well as electrical substation site development and linear line/pole upgrade projects for our energy clients. The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to lead project teams, provide excellent customer service, and assist our current team leaders with further growth of the practice in both SC and NC. Candidate must also possess the skills necessary to mentor staff in the natural gas field, develop scope, schedule, budget, coordinate with internal and external project partners, perform QC reviews in accordance with company policies and objectives, and assist in formulating plans, costs estimates, timeframes, and specifications for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Land Development, Linear Utilities or Energy fields.
- PE registration required (reciprocity in 3 months acceptable).
- Civil 3D experience is preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor younger staff.
- Demonstrated ability to review project needs and follow-up with written proposals, scopes of work and budgets for projected work.
Ability to travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position. Valid Driver’s License Required.
- •Free medical and dental coverage with qualifying wellness credits
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Matching 401K program
- Remote work flexibility
- Paid Time Off /Paid Holidays
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Performance-based incentives/bonuses
- Relocation assistance
Advance your career with
Apply to become a Project Manager – Energy
About WK Dickson
WK Dickson is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in total community infrastructure solutions, including airport planning and design, environmental and water resources engineering, community planning and site development, and energy support services. Our team is committed to helping communities improve the lives of their citizens through sound, ecologically responsible design principles and funding support. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, since its founding in 1929, WK Dickson has steadily grown to operate twelve regional offices throughout the Southeastern United States.
If you need accommodation as part of the employment process please contact us at 704-334-5348.
WK Dickson is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. WK Dickson also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Our E-Verify number is 110665 and was issued on April 1, 2008.