Project Engineer – Transportation/Roadway
Location : Charlotte NC, Columbia SC, Greenville SC, Raleigh NC, Wilmington NC
WK Dickson is looking to hire a Project Engineer to join our team preparing roadway improvements supporting our aviation and land development practices. Project engineers are responsible for a variety of activities including performing standard and complex design tasks which require the application of computer-aided design equipment. Will perform standard, complex, and non-routine design tasks which require extensive skill and knowledge of CAD applications. This position will also support project managers in mathematical analysis /calculations and general project organization. WK Dickson has been named a ‘Top Firm to Work For’ for the seventh year in a row!
- Bachelor’s degree in practice area from an accredited university.
- Professional license – PE required.
- Minimum six years of civil engineering experience.
- Proficient use of Civil 3D and/or microstation. Experience with both is a plus.
- Experience with the design of roadway and transportation projects required.
- Experience with NCDOT a plus.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Horizontal and vertical alignments
- Grading and drainage design
- Streetscape and roadway improvements
- Multimodal design, including multi-use trails and complete streets
- Signage, striping and signalization plans
- Free medical and dental coverage with qualifying wellness credits
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Matching 401K program
- Flexible remote work policy
- Paid time off / paid holidays
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Performance-based incentives/bonuses
- Relocation assistance
Advance your career with
Apply to become a Project Engineer – Transportation/Roadway
About WK Dickson
WK Dickson is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in total community infrastructure solutions, including airport planning and design, environmental and water resources engineering, community planning and site development, energy support services, and geospatial technology. Our goal is to help communities improve the lives of their citizens through sound, ecologically responsible design principles. The firm has been headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina since its founding in 1929 and has steadily grown to operate eleven regional offices strategically located throughout the Southeastern United States.
If you need accommodation as part of the employment process please contact us at 704-334-5348.
WK Dickson is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. WK Dickson also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Our E-Verify number is 110665 and was issued on April 1, 2008.