Location: Charlotte, NC
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Full-time
This position will be responsible for effectively and proactively establishing, maintaining, and reporting on cost controls, performance management, risk management, and schedules for projects and the following:
- This position plans and establishes cost and schedule work breakdown structures (WBS) and metrics, collects performance data (expended labor hours and other progress measurements), tracks data, analyzes earned value, productivity and risk analysis, and reports out findings
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the project controls system and document controls to ensure documents are filed appropriately and work processes are used according to project procedures
- Typically reports to the Regional Manager or other Engineering Manager, or directly to the project manager according to project-specific circumstances
- Prepare weekly and monthly or quarterly project control reports that include cost, schedule, risk, and quality sections
- Generate cost reports including budget/contingency tracking, cost forecast, and cost curve variance of planned vs actual
- Produce schedule reports including near-term tracking, planned vs actual and milestone variance
- Prepare and analyze master project/program schedule, baseline schedules, progress schedules, specialty schedules, schedules analysis, and project progress reporting
- Provide or review schedule updates, produce exception reports of schedule deviations, and recommend recovery plans
- Develop cost estimates, including conceptual estimates, change order estimates, and other estimates as defined
- Develop cost report templates, as needed
- Administrative and document control support for project-related documents
- Develop and produce reports for project management (PM) staff to monitor the progress and status of the project
- Prepares PM for internal and external meetings by providing reports, analysis, and backup documentation to assist in the management of the project and dissemination of information/ reports/ deliverables to the WK Dickson management team
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Mathematics or Business.
- 4 or more years of related experience.
- In lieu of education, 10 yrs related experience.
- Related engineering internship, co-op, or work experience, which includes project controls, project planning, project scheduling, and earned value performance, preferably within the civil engineering industry.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of MS Office tools, with emphasis on the advanced use of MS Excel in creating and maintaining detailed, interactive spreadsheets, workbooks, and databases. Deltek Vision and/or Vantagepoint experience preferred.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to interact and multitask with project team members, clients, and vendors of varying position levels.
- Motivation: Eager to cultivate program and project knowledge to make a valuable impact on WK Dickson operations.
- Proficiency in project scheduling, cost engineering, and project controls methods and tools.
- Familiarity with finance and accounting systems.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a Project Controls team.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other WK Dickson offices to support critical project needs.
- Free medical and dental coverage with qualifying wellness credits
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Matching 401K program
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off /Paid Holidays
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Remote work options/hybrid schedules
- Performance-based incentives/bonuses
Advance your career with
Apply to become a Project Controls Specialist
About WK Dickson
WK Dickson is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in total community infrastructure solutions, including airport planning and design, environmental and water resources engineering, community planning and site development, and energy support services. Our team is committed to helping communities improve the lives of their citizens through sound, ecologically responsible design principles and funding support. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, since its founding in 1929, WK Dickson has steadily grown to operate twelve regional offices throughout the Southeastern United States.
If you need accommodation as part of the employment process please contact us at 704-334-5348.
WK Dickson is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. WK Dickson also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Our E-Verify number is 110665 and was issued on April 1, 2008.