WK Dickson seeks a technology-minded professional that enjoys being given responsibility as part of a team-based approach to successful project execution. We have engaging and exciting projects in our practice areas. WK Dickson has been named a ‘Top Firm to Work For’ for the seventh year in a row!
- Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and timeliness while utilizing appropriate software applications.
- Work from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer-generated graphs, charts, overlays, and completed drawings. Can complete finished product with limited direction.
- Understand and follow company standard Civil 3D procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Search, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
- Prepare and assist with developing project computations, estimates, surveys, statistics, and designs.
- Prepare calculations within the practice area.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients, and subcontractors.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- New graduate with four (4) years of related experience.
- Analytical skills with the ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors, and clients in a professional manner.
- Free medical and dental coverage with qualifying wellness credits
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays) including telecommuting options
- Matching 401K program
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off /Paid Holidays
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Performance-based incentives/bonuses
Advance your career with
Apply to become a Engineering Designer – Water/Wastewater
About WK Dickson
WK Dickson is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in total community infrastructure solutions, including airport planning and design, environmental and water resources engineering, community planning and site development, energy support services, and geospatial technology. Our goal is to help communities improve the lives of their citizens through sound, ecologically responsible design principles. The firm has been headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina since its founding in 1929 and has steadily grown to operate eleven regional offices strategically located throughout the Southeastern United States.
If you need accommodation as part of the employment process please contact us at 704-334-5348.
WK Dickson is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. WK Dickson also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Our E-Verify number is 110665 and was issued on April 1, 2008.